Friday, October 12, 2007

#13 Tagging etc...

I think I am repeating myself - but I truly had no concept prior to starting this online learning - of the scope and depth of the technology, tools and sheer enormity of what is available to avid web devotees. It is staggering.
"De-Li*&cious" - or whatever the name of it was - you know what I'm talking about - is an example of the tools that avid, serious web users can access to revolutionise their bookmarking/searching sessions.
The fact that you can compress and centralise all your bookmarks and access them from any computer is a huge bonus to committed internet users. I was amused with one user's advice to "stalk" other users and make use of their bookmarks!
The PLCMC account set up for us was also very interesting. I was very impressed to see all our special sites that we have accessed, all grouped together under the tag "options". I will refer back to this page.
For my usage - I would not benefit from creating a Delicious account at this stage. However, I can see it's huge benefits and potential (particularly since it was taken over by Yahoo) and will definitely recommend it to researchers, students and serious web users.

No comments: