Tuesday, October 9, 2007

#9 Finding Feeds

It's obvious given my "hearty stature" that I have never had trouble finding feeds.
.... but these feeds are food for thought of a completely different nature.

I actually found navigating them all a tad overwhelming. Perhaps because I approached them with no real definite goal in sight. For example, I was just playing, had I been carrying out proper research, my searching may have been less haphazard. Having said all that, I must say I did find Feester and the widgets user friendly. Topix net was a bit much to take in - folks talking to me from Serbia, Malaysia and all funnily enough, with odd hair dos? But I like the way it also focused on my local area - topical news stories and events. Very smart. Google blog search was easy, quick and user friendly - maybe that was because I am very "at home" with the Google set up and found it more comfortable. Technorati - who thought of that name? That was enough to put Grandma Poss off before she even went there.

In a nutshell - this area is a whole new world to me - which of course is one of the aims of this online journey. Personally? At present, I probably would not have the time or use for all the wonderful avenues of information - but it will DEFINITELY be an area I will be promoting to those I feel may benefit from this astounding array of information. And won't I look smart when I bring it up at the next party. Smart or even more nerdy.

No comments: